How to Apply
Applicants must register and submit an application on line:
- Browse to Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System and register.
- Select Smithsonian Environmental Research Center Internship Program from the drop down list of programs.
- Requirements for applying to the SERC intern program:
- Essay describing background, interest in field, career goals, chosen project(s)
- CV or resume
- Academic transcripts/records (student copy preferred)
- Two letters of recommendation
- You can Save and return to your application in SOLAA until the deadline shown below. Be sure to SUBMIT your application in SOLAA when it is complete. You can submit the application BEFORE your referees submit their letters.
Please be sure to hit the radio button for sending automatic email to your referees once you have completed the reference section of the SOLAA application
There are THREE application deadlines:
For Winter/Spring projects beginning January - April
Deadline is November 15th
For Summer projects beginning May - August
Deadline is February 1st
For Fall appointments beginning September-December
Deadline is June 1st